Last updated on October 13, 2020
Address: Regus Brookfield Place, 161 Bay St, M5J 2S1, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Business ID: 002651543
Contact person: Vivek Shankaran, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloudpermit Inc. ("Cloudpermit", ”Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (”you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website cloudpermit.com (our “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Information we collect about you
Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as
- e-mail address
- work title
- telephone number
- information about your use of the Services
- Content that you post, upload and/or contribute to the Services
- technical data, which may include the URL you are accessing the Website from, your IP address, unique device ID, network and computer performance, browser type, language and identifying information and operating system;
- location data including time zone;
Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information you provide to us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information we collect through cookies and other automatic data collection technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- We and our partners (e.g. AdRoll) use technology such as cookies on our site to personalise content and ads, provide social media features, and analyse our traffic. You can learn more here: nextroll.com/privacy
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- To provide our services
- To improve our marketing, website, products or services, or customer relationships and experiences. Your data is also used for marketing research and analysis. We might also request another party to do this for us.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your information
We may share and disclose your personal data to customer support solutions, marketing solutions, transactional email providers, service providers hosting the Services and the Website to be able to provide you the Services and improve our Website.
Some of our sub-processors (service providers, customer support solutions, marketing solutions) are located outside the EU/EEA all of which are compliant with Privacy Shield Framework’s requirements.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cloudpermit’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Cloudpermit about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cloudpermit, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
Right to object
You have right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing. You can opt-out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us by clicking on the opt-out link provided in all marketing communications we send you, and choosing not to receive marketing communications from us in the future.
You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website Digital Advertising Alliance.
Cloudpermit is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing interest-based ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also adhere European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their ”Your Online Choices” website here.
You also have the right to recall your prior given consent. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal, and we may continue processing your personal data based on other legal grounds, except for direct marketing.
Right to access, correct and delete
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us email vivek.shankaran(at)cloudpermit.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer / Vivek Shankaran.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.