We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer based in Tampere, Finland.
Are you a self-driven technical writer inspired by technology advances? Do you want to promote the digitalization of local government services?
The successful candidate will focus on technical design and documentation for our SaaS products as part of Cloudpermit’s Product Department. They will create new user manuals/online help information, help articles, release notes in our support portal, internal product descriptions, and documentations as a wiki format. The successful candidate will also maintain existing user manuals and keep product materials up-to-date as our agile software development process progresses.
The Senior Technical Writer will create and shape the product documentation landscape for our product releasing needs, and will play a central role in developing our technical documentation processes. Responsibilities also include handling required translations with a translation agency and coordinating the localization of software UIs.
The Senior Technical Writer is part of the Product Department and will report to Chief Operating Officer of Cloudpermit, Timo Kytömäki.
Cloudpermit is the world’s leading e-permitting software for local government building departments.
We are a cloud-based SaaS platform expanding across North America and Europe (used in close to 300 municipalities and growing) that was built for local government building departments with local government building departments.
Cloudpermit delivers a state-of-the-art e-permitting software that helps municipalities conduct on-site mobile inspections, issue permits 50% faster than paper-based systems, enables the public to apply for building permits online, and implements within weeks, not months.
Senior Technical Writer Responsibilities
· Work closely with developers and product owners, collect information from stakeholders, and follow Cloudpermit’s style guide/writing rules for written material
· Develop and own our documentation mode of operation
· Write and maintain our internal and external documentation of all our products
· Lead documentation review, approval, and release processes
· Manage localization process
Senior Technical Writer Qualifications
· Master’s or Bachelor degree in Engineering or Communications or equivalent
· Relevant 1–3 years of experience in documenting high-tech product lines in English
· Excellent English and Finnish verbal and written communication skills
· Expert knowledge of documentation software
· Experience communicating features of complex products to various audiences
· Proven skills as a technical writer creating high-quality material
· Understanding of agile software development principles is a plus
· Comfortable working with numerous internal and external stakeholders
· Experience working in an international environment
· With relevant technical writing education and/or experience, able to do hands-on work with an extensive range of activies and team members across the global organization
· Proactive, driven, and able to follow-through on projects
· Ambitious, brave attitude with a desire for continued learning
The Cloudpermit team is comprised of highly motivated, positive, and technologically-savvy team members. We enjoy working as a team to solve problems and thrive on collective and personal success. The Cloudpermit work environment is inclusive, challenging, and rewarding – you can expect to enjoy:
· Competitive salary, with a full benefits package
· An innovative and welcoming team
· Transparent management
· Tremendous opportunity to grow professionally
Apply for this position by contacting:
COO, Cloudpermit Products