10 Ways Online Communication Streamlines Permit ProcessesJune 22, 2021
Local government building departments that use paper-based or on-premises systems have a lot of options to communicate with citizens, builders, contractors, third-party agencies, and everyone in between. Though when it comes to communication methods – less is more.
Say goodbye to countless emails back and forth, phone tag, conversations in front counter visits, and ultimately, the headache that comes with compiling information for record-keeping and to keep everyone in the know.
Cloudpermit brings all communication into one place for everyone involved in permit processes.
Check out 10 ways an online communication tool streamlines permit processes.
- All Communication Is in One Place
- It Brings Everyone Together Online
- Transparency and Accountability Are Improved
- It’s Easy and Straightforward to Find Information
- Users Can Send Direct or Group Messages
- It’s Simple to Collaborate in the Right Context
- Easier Communication Is a Big Time-Saver
- Improve Customer Service with More Focused Communication
- Reduce Questions with Automatic Permit and Inspection Status Updates
- Easy-to-Find Information Speeds Up Permit Issuance
1. All Communication Is in One Place
Cloudpermit brings all communication into one place, so department staff do not need to search for information or communicate over email, phone, in-person, etc. – it's all online in one place so everyone knows where to talk.
2. It Brings Everyone Together Online
An online communication tool brings everyone together online – Cloudpermit revolutionizes the permit experience between collaboration and communication among all parties are encouraged, and possible, with our software.
3. Transparency and Accountability Are Improved
Transparency and accountability are improved for all parties involved since all communication exists online with time-stamped messages. It’s easy for everyone to document and follow what is going on with each permit.
4. It’s Easy and Straightforward to Find Information
Paper-based and on-premises systems make it easy to lose information, whether by misplacing a piece of paper, messages getting lost in translation, or a staff member taking a vacation when they are the only one with a missing piece of information. When all communication takes place online, it’s easy and straightforward.
5. Users Can Send Direct and Group Messages
Cloudpermit allows users to send direct and group messages to the correct person in the application so only those who need to be involved are included. For example, if a local government staff member has a quick question for a builder, they can just shoot them a message individually.
6. It’s Simple to Collaborate in the Right Context
An online communication tool makes it simple to collaborate in the right context with exactly the right person or group. This is especially important when working with third-party agencies.
7. Easier Communication Is a Big Time-Saver
Online communication eliminates back-and-forth communication which is a big time-saver for everyone. Department staff can invest more of their time into customer service, rather than tracking down answers.
8. Improve Customer Service with More Focused Communication
Customer service can be improved with more focused communication by moving all communication online. It’s easy to stay on topic and separate permit processes into different threads which makes it very user-friendly for applicants and homeowners applying for a permit.
9. Reduce Questions with Automatic Permit and Inspection Status Updates
An online communication tool is great to use, but a true testament of streamlined processes is when fewer questions need to be asked. Department staff can reduce the number of questions they receive with automatic permit and inspection status updates that are emailed to everyone involved in the permit.
10. Easy-to-Find Information Speeds Up Permit Issuance
Permits can get issued faster since all communication is in one place and involves everyone. Less is needed to be done before a permit is issued when departments remove back-and-forth communication and can easily find any needed information.
We’d love to be in touch to talk about how easy communication is with Cloudpermit for everyone involved and how our online communication tool truly involves everyone. To get in touch, book a demo with one of our team members or shoot us a message via our contact page.