Cloudpermit is committed to a simple and easy applicant experience. Our software is user-friendly, does not require any installations, and is accessible on any digital device.
- Apply for building permits online (no more travel to the government office or printing costs for their applications)
- Communicate with all parties involved in their permit online (no more phone calls, emails, or front counter visits)
- Always submit complete permit applications (our software does not allow incomplete applications to be submitted)
- Track permit status online and receive inspections updates in real-time (automatic email updates are sent to applicants when permit status changes)
- Pay for permit applications online within Cloudpermit (no more traveling to the government office to pay)
- Easily use the software with no installations and automatic updates (we’ve received feedback from our partners that communities they were nervous about, such as their elderly or less technologically-savvy residents, found the software simple and easy to use)
Cloudpermit is accessible and user-friendly for all users. It is easy to use on an external-facing front for applicants and building communities, and easy to use for building department staff. Building department staff can:
- Review and issue permits online – our software allows staff to issue permits at least 50% faster than paper-based systems (no more printing costs or passing paper files back and forth between staff)
- Communicate online with all parties involved in building permit processes
- Only receive complete permit applications (applicants cannot submit incomplete permit applications with our software)
- Work remotely and outside of office hours (software is accessible 24/7/365)
- Schedule inspections online with inspectors and applicants with optimal routes between multiple inspections
- Conduct on-site mobile inspections
- Easily set up online payments for its applicants (Cloudpermit is integrated with several third-party online payment solutions and has a configurable fee schedule to manage fees for any permit type)
- Easily use the software with no installations and automatic updates – all information automatically saves as a cloud-based software
Cloudpermit makes inspections simple and easy. Inspectors can conduct on-site mobile inspections on any mobile device for quick and effective inspections.
- Conduct on-site mobile inspections on any mobile device (no more traveling to the local government office to input notes or inspection data)
- Permit description, previous inspection information, drawings, etc., are accessible in the inspection tool (this reduces time spent finding information)
- Conduct simple inspections and manage re-visits remotely without any travel when drawings, reports, certificates, and photos are provided by the builder in the workspace
- Can have more control over their daily schedule to better plan their routes since users can schedule inspections online
Cloudpermit enables seamless GIS (geographic information system) integration to make permits easy and accurate.
This means users can:
- Select where they are building from a list of addresses and see property borders on a map
- Read and display property information from GIS, such as roll numbers, property owners, and zoning information
- Look at multiple locations for inspections to help determine an inspector’s route on any given day
All permit and inspections-related data is stored and accessible within Cloudpermit to enable new, valuable government data insights to be made effectively.
Reporting tools are available for local governments and to report to external parties with a few, simple clicks for easy and fast access to reports.
Review and Approvals
Local government building departments using Cloudpermit can easily review and approve permit applications online.
Building department staff can:
- Easily review and issue permits online from the comfort of their own home (software is accessible anytime, anywhere)
- Communicate with applicants and builders online to ask any clarifying questions
- Only review complete permit applications (applicants can only submit complete permit applications)
- Automatically update applicants and all parties when permit status changes (automatic email notifications are sent)
Easy to configure
Cloudpermit can be easily configured to meet local requirements (application types, permit templates, local government logos, authority users and roles, attachment types, etc.). Since Cloudpermit is out-of-the-box, it can be quickly and easily configured for each local government. It offers support for different user groups, permissions, and access levels.