Planning & Zoning
Benefit from online planning & zoning for simple and intuitive community development. Use Cloudpermit 24/7 to accept planning applications, circulate complete applications, and communicate with applicants.
Top Software Features
Accept planning applications and set up pre-consultation meetings online for simpler community development. Our community loves these features the most – give us a shout to learn more about why our Planning & Zoning solution stands out.
Online Portal in the Cloud
Log into Cloudpermit whenever and wherever suits you best.
- Use any mobile device via the Internet
- Benefit from storing information in the cloud
- Automatically save and protect information in real-time
- Send direct or group time-stamped messages
Accept, review, and approve planning applications online.
- Force citizens to complete applications with necessary attachments and paid fees before they can click ‘submit’ with mandatory input fields
- Deem applications as complete
- Track, monitor, and receive planning application status updates
- Manage all required information, drawings, insurance documents, and other attachments in one workspace
- Collect secure applications
Land Use Permits
Accept and issue zoning, conditional use, and special use permits online for an end-to-end process.
- Require land use permits before building permits can be issued
- Allow collaboration between building, planning, and zoning departments
- Organize meetings with stakeholders such as the board of appeals
- Generate meeting packages with important documentation for board members
- Send circulation requests to receive responses in real-time
- Assign conditions to permits and clear them prior to closing files
Keep track of your meetings to approve planning applications faster.
- Manage pre-consultation requests
- Review past, upcoming, and proposed meetings
- Use templates to create agendas for planning commissions, boards, or council meetings
- Generate downloadable meeting packages that include relevant documents and agendas
Engage with your public online.
- Record and inform interested parties with status updates on projects
- Allow citizens to automatically receive decisions on applications by registering through a link/QR code
- Generate an automated list of property owners within the required public notice radius
- Measure public opinion
- Upload documents as part of public notice notes such as opinion, opposition, or support letters
Circulate complete applications in real-time to external and internal departments and agencies.
- Send multiple circulation requests at once
- Control commenting visibility
- Notify users via email when a new circulation request is made
- Receive all responses in one place
- Set upcoming due dates
GIS Integrated Maps
Enjoy interactive maps online that are integrated with your GIS.
- Retrieve detailed and accurate property information
- Find neighboring properties, property owners, and contact information for public notice purposes
- Access different layers such as flooding maps, heritage areas, etc.
- Determine the distance between different points
Download reports in a few clicks.
- Create reports, such as for payments and reviews
- Select and filter application categories, form fields, and optional fields
- Download reports as an Excel or CSV file
- Create pre-sets to save commonly used reports
Our team configures Cloudpermit to meet your needs.
- Change and modify workflows
- Receive support from trained department administrators
- Select application types from a pre-configured structure
- Use templates to create public notice agendas and templates, and other documents in PDF format
- Share planning applications with external departments, agencies, and third-party organizations
- Let stakeholder organizations manage their own reviewers and assignments
Accept secure payments online.
- Enable online and over-the-counter payments
- Integrate with third-party PCI compliant payment gateways
- Notify citizens when they have a due payment
- Create upfront application bills and bill drafts automatically
“Every part of my Cloudpermit journey has been easy and everything that I was promised in the sales process has been delivered.”
Julie Wicker, Clerk for the Town of Wilson, Wisconsin
“We always communicate to our citizens that we understand the importance of their building permit, and by making our building permit process easy with Cloudpermit, we can show them how important their building permit is to us."
Kieran McMullen, Building Inspector/Code Enforcement for the City of Darien, Georgia