Product Marketing Specialist
We have a position open for a Product Marketing Specialist at our North America HQ in Reston, Virginia. The new Product Marketing Specialist will be working with marketing team to ensure effective positioning and messaging for all products and markets.
Cloudpermit is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company that provides local governments with cloud-based software solutions for community development. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Cloudpermit was founded over ten years ago and delivers online land management processes to local governments across North America and Europe. Cloudpermit is committed to efficient, user-friendly, and accessible software solutions that benefit building, planning, and code enforcement departments, development communities, and the public.
Product Marketing Specialist will own the competitiveness of Cloudpermit’s Product Portfolio in North America markets and help power product launches. This position will analyze North American market and communicate the product’s value to the market.
This position will report to the COO of Productions Organization, who is based in the U.S.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Product Positioning – develop product positioning and messaging that will differentiate our product depending on region
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market research – be the expert on our customer and their urgent and pervasive pain points by region
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned, including pricing
- Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers Be the “go-to” on key market trends, competitive landscape and the perception of Cloudpermit in the market Work closely with marketing team to ensure effective campaign concept, digital marketing planning, content strategy, creative is in place for all products
Qualifications, Skills, and Past Experience
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a SaaS market-facing role in GovTech space
- Demonstrated ability to craft customer-facing messaging and positioning of technology solutions
- Must have experience with software products; product launch/go-to market and using data analytics tools for measuring performance
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Exceptional ROI analysis skills, the ability to quantify the value to the customer
- Ability to complete both quantitative and qualitative market research
The Cloudpermit team is comprised of highly motivated, positive, and technologically savvy team members. We enjoy working as a team to solve problems and thrive on collective and personal success. At Cloudpermit, you will be assigned engaging and challenging projects and will have opportunities to give input and direction. The Cloudpermit work environment is inclusive, challenging, and rewarding.