Planning & Development
Benefit from online planning & development for simple and intuitive community development. Use Cloudpermit 24/7 to accept planning applications, circulate complete applications, and communicate with applicants.
Top Software Features
Accept planning applications and set up pre-consultation meetings online for simpler community development. Our community loves these features the most – give us a shout to learn more about how our Planning & Development solution is excellent.
Online Portal in the Cloud
Log into Cloudpermit whenever and wherever suits you best.
- Use any mobile device via the Internet
- Benefit from storing information in the cloud
- Automatically save and protect information in real-time
- Send direct or group time-stamped messages
Accept, review, and approve planning applications online.
- Force citizens to complete applications with necessary attachments and paid fees before they can click ‘submit’ with mandatory input fields
- Deem applications as complete
- Track, monitor, and receive planning application status updates
- Manage all required information, drawings, insurance documents, and other attachments in one workspace
- Collect secure applications
Keep track of your meetings to approve planning applications faster.
- Manage pre-consultation requests
- Review past, upcoming, and proposed meetings
- Use templates to create agendas for planning commissions, boards, or council meetings
- Generate downloadable meeting packages that include relevant documents and agendas
Engage with your public online.
- Record and inform interested parties with status updates on projects
- Allow citizens to automatically receive decisions on applications by registering through a link/QR code
- Generate an automated list of property owners within the required public notice radius
- Measure public opinion
- Upload documents as part of public notice notes such as opinion, opposition, or support letters
Circulate complete applications in real-time to external and internal departments and agencies.
- Send multiple circulation requests at once
- Control commenting visibility
- Notify users via email when a new circulation request is made
- Receive all responses in one place
- Set upcoming due dates
Set regulatory processing timelines easily online.
- Determine how much time an authority user has to decide on an application
- Check how many days are left to deem an application as complete
- Keep track of upcoming due dates
- See an overview of urgency and all deadlines
Configure two-tier approvals between upper and lower-tier governments.
- Collaborate in real-time without paper or mailing documents
- Change permissions and accessibility for different users and governments
- Move an application to upper-tier decision-making
GIS Integrated Maps
Enjoy interactive maps online that are integrated with your GIS.
- Retrieve detailed and accurate property information
- Find neighboring properties, property owners, and contact information for public notice purposes
- Access different layers such as flooding maps, heritage areas, etc.
- Determine the distance between different points
Download reports in a few clicks.
- Create reports, such as for payments and reviews
- Select and filter application categories, form fields, and optional fields
- Download reports as an Excel or CSV file
- Create pre-sets to save commonly used reports
Our team configures Cloudpermit to meet your needs.
- Change and modify workflows
- Receive support from trained department administrators
- Select application types from a pre-configured structure
- Use templates to create public notice agendas and templates, and other documents in PDF format
- Share planning applications with external departments, agencies, and third-party organizations
- Let stakeholder organizations manage their own reviewers and assignments
Accept secure payments online.
- Enable online and over-the-counter payments
- Integrate with third-party PCI compliant payment gateways
- Notify citizens when they have a due payment
- Create upfront application bills and bill drafts automatically
“We are very pleased with the time we have already saved since implementing Cloudpermit. It has been an invaluable software that has helped us to eliminate our manual processes for applicants, builders, and municipal staff."
- Arnie Marsman, Chief Building Official for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre, Ontario
“We wanted the same golden standard that other governments had adopted, and soon realized it would free up a significant amount of IT department's time, so the connection was right. We went from hoping to get mobile inspections set up to having everything online with Cloudpermit."
- Nathan Brooks, Building Official for the City of Terrace, British Columbia
"Our staff has been looking for something like this for years and I'm happy we've found such a time-saver for our team."
- Jennifer Ferguson, Executive Director for the Red River Planning District, Manitoba