Online building permitting software gives local government agencies a fast and efficient development approval process and on-site mobile inspections. Users can log into Cloudpermit 24/7 to issue building permits, schedule building inspections, and talk with applicants.
Planning & Development
Faster Permitting and
- Do work in the field or from home
- Get rid of paper with online storage
- Drive less by finishing inspections in the field
- Lower front counter visits
- Make your citizens happier
- Receive complete applications every time
- Have faster review and approval processes
- Collaborate with other departments easily
Accept complete building permit applications and issue building permits as soon as payment is processed with a few clicks.
- Force citizens to complete applications before they can click ‘submit’ with mandatory input fields
- Update and send automatic building permit status updates to applicants and all involved parties
- Track building permit processing times
- Filter and organize by property, property owner, property identification number, parcel identifying number, etc.
- Determine and set exact application requirements
- Collect secure applications
Conduct on-site mobile inspections on your phone, laptop, or tablet, and manage simple and re-inspections remotely.
- Input notes and complete reports in the field
- Manage deficiencies, orders, and past/upcoming inspections
- Update and send automatic building inspection status updates to applicants and all involved parties
- Use checklists to confirm all work is complete
- Schedule and require additional inspections
- Dispatch and manage multiple inspectors/inspections
- View status of all inspections on a multi-permit site
GIS Integrated Maps
Take advantage of online, interactive maps that are integrated with your GIS.
- Search locations by address, property identification numbers, or by selecting it on a map
- Access different layers such as flooding maps, heritage areas, construction areas, etc.
- Plan optimal routes based on requested times, locations, and already planned inspections
- Draw and determine the size of a property or other areas
Use software that is configured to meet your needs and receive support from trained Cloudpermit experts during implementation.
- Change and modify workflows
- Manage requirements, including forms, drawings, reviews, and inspections for each type of application
- Use templates to create permits, reports, certificates, and other documents in PDF format
- Add stakeholders to review and approval processes
Benefit from accurate and fast reporting online.
- Select and filter application categories, form fields, and optional fields
- Download reports as an Excel or CSV file
- Create pre-sets to save reports
- Send reports to StatCan automatically
Enable online and over-the-counter payments for easy fee collection.
- Accept secure payments
- Integrate with third-party PCI Compliant payment gateways
- Inform citizens when they have a due payment
- Manage due or overdue payments
Log into Cloudpermit whenever and wherever suits you best.
- Use any mobile device via the Internet
- Benefit from storing information in the cloud
- Automatically save and protect information in real-time
- Send direct or group time-stamped messages
“We wanted the same golden standard that other governments had adopted, and soon realized it would free up a significant amount of IT department's time, so the connection was right. We went from hoping to get mobile inspections set up to having everything online with Cloudpermit."
- Nathan Brooks, Building Official for the City of Terrace, British Columbia
“We are very pleased with the time we have already saved since implementing Cloudpermit. It has been an invaluable software that has helped us to eliminate our manual processes for applicants, builders, and municipal staff."
- Arnie Marsman, Chief Building Official for the Municipality of Middlesex Centre, Ontario
“I am amazed by how easy the system is to use and how fast we were able to get up and running. The Cloudpermit team was very responsive and helpful. I would enthusiastically recommend them to any municipality."
- Travis Toms, Chief Building Official for the Township of North Kawartha, Ontario