We are seeking a Financial Analyst to work primarily out of our Reston, Virginia headquarters. The candidate should be able to work independently, while still collaborating frequently with the CFO.
Cloudpermit is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company that provides local governments with cloud-based software solutions for community development. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Cloudpermit was founded over ten years ago and delivers online land management processes to local governments across North America and Europe. Cloudpermit is committed to efficient, user-friendly, and accessible software solutions that benefit building, planning, and code enforcement departments, development communities, and the public.
In collaboration with the CFO, the Financial Analyst (FA) would help determine the best use of resources to achieve business objectives. They will be expected to produce regular reports using financial data, and work collaboratively across the entire finance team to analyze business performance and strategy.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for overseeing customer invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general Finance support for operations in the US and Canada. Duties include directing managers and support department operations, compiling financial reports based on financial statements and implementing policies and procedures as needed.
The FA would also be participating financial planning and analysis of a company, allowing the organization to make well-informed business decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist management with important financial decisions
- Support preparation of financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts, cost center reports and statements to understand the financial state of business
- Monitor a company’s financial reports and determine ways to improve business performance and scalability
- Understand the financials of a company in order to meet legal requirements and keep the statutory requirements in good standing
- Support bookkeeping that is at currently outsourced to 3rd party service providers, updating information as needed
- Communicate with existing clients and customers to request payment and arrange payment plans if needed
- Collect payment from customers and assist in accurately record them it into the system
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Analyze current and past financial data
- Look at current financial performance and identify trends
- Prepare reports on the available information and communicating the insights of these to the wider business
- Suggest budgets and improvements as part of company’s planning and budgeting process
- Analyze and explore different investment proposals
- Develop financial models and help building financial forecasts
- Develop initiatives and policies that improve financial performance and compliance
- Participate in systems development initiatives, related to ERP implementation or similar
Qualifications, Skills, and Past Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in the field(s) of Financial Analysis, Financial Management, or Accounts Receivable
- Expertise in MS Office, specifically Excel (pivot tables, etc.)
- Expertise in Quickbooks/Netsuite is preferred
- Experience creating financial reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working for a small-midsized business highly preferred
- Knowledge of the SaaS/software industry preferred
The Cloudpermit team is comprised of highly motivated, positive, and technologically savvy team members. We enjoy working as a team to solve problems and thrive on collective and personal success. At Cloudpermit, you will be assigned engaging and challenging projects and will have opportunities to give input and direction. The Cloudpermit work environment is inclusive, challenging, and rewarding.