Customer Support Specialist
We are looking for a customer-focused Customer Support Specialist (CSS). The CSS will assist Cloudpermit customers with technical issues using our e-permitting software after initial product implementation.
We offer an exciting position in a fast-growing, high-tech business with flexible ways of working and plenty of opportunities for professional growth.
Cloudpermit is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company that provides local governments with cloud-based software solutions for community development. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Cloudpermit was founded over ten years ago and delivers online land management processes to local governments across North America and Europe. Cloudpermit is committed to efficient, user-friendly, and accessible software solutions that benefit building, planning, and code enforcement departments, development communities, and the public.
The Customer Support Specialist will assist with issue resolution and will work to form lasting relationships with clients to promote retention, usability of all system functions, and growth. In most cases, the CSS will act as the first point of contact for providing immediate triage for technical issues.
The CSS will contribute both individually and as a member of the Customer Success team, and will report to the Director of Customer Success, Mark A. Stiles.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to support tickets
- Understand the complexity of the software
- Have knowledge of reported issues tracked through a ticketing system
- Analyze resolution of issues and prioritize issues for the product and development teams
- Contribute to a product knowledge base
- Familiarity with suite of Atlassian products
- Analyze problems, and find and communicate solutions in writing and over the phone
- Utilizing Fresh Desk software Utilizing Jira for issue tracking
Qualifications, Skills, and Past Experience
The Customer Support Specialist needs to have various hard and soft skills to succeed in the role. Some of these include (not limited to):
- Technical knowledge of SaaS cloud-based applications
- Ability to prioritize requests
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone with clients and end-users
- Time management skills to meet the established SLA’s
- Accredited degree in Computer Science or a technical-related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in the software industry or a helpdesk environment
- Experience resolving customers’ technical system issues
The Cloudpermit team is comprised of highly motivated, positive, and technologically savvy team members. We enjoy working as a team to solve problems and thrive on collective and personal success. At Cloudpermit, you will be assigned engaging and challenging projects and will have opportunities to give input and direction. The Cloudpermit work environment is inclusive, challenging, and rewarding.