We are looking for a creative Graphic Designer based in Virginia. The candidate must have a problem-solving mindset and a drive to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
Cloudpermit is a SaaS (software-as-a-service) company that provides local governments with cloud-based software solutions for community development. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Cloudpermit was founded over ten years ago and delivers online land management processes to local governments across North America and Europe. Cloudpermit is committed to efficient, user-friendly, and accessible software solutions that benefit building, planning, and code enforcement departments, development communities, and the public. Please visit cloudpermit.com for additional information.
As the Graphic Designer for the Marketing Department, you will be an essential part of driving business through compelling design and creativity. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing the artwork for campaigns and collateral (print and digital), branding, website design, designing proposals, presentations, videos, pitch decks in PowerPoint, and other communications projects.
The Graphic Designer will also help the Product Department create an outstanding user experience and manage our software’s visual look.
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment. Agency experience is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will join the collaborative North American marketing team and report to Anna Rolnicki, Cloudpermit’s Director of Marketing, North America.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing and executing all design projects across North America and working with the North American marketing team to meet targets.
· Produce and design all visual marketing materials
· Create logos, images, icons, illustrations, and other supporting material for marketing and software purposes
· Choose colors, images, and fonts for layouts
· Using digital illustration tools and photo editing software
· Maintain, update, and develop the internal and external brand and design assets
· Monitor, manage and update company assets across various media
· Work with the product team to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision
· Video editing as required
· Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure Cloudpermit’s brand is cohesive in all material and software
· Support the overall marketing/product objectives of the company both externally and internally
· Liaise with vendors and prepare files according to print guidelines and requirements
· Contribute to the accessibility and the user-friendliness of the software alongside the Product Department
· Manage our software’s overall visual look
· Ad hoc work as needed
· 5+ years of work experience and possess a university degree in graphic design, advertising, or related experience (or educational equivalent such as a college diploma) or comparable professional experience
· Strong graphic design, layout, brand process, and typography skills with an emphasis on website design. Illustration and motion graphic skills are considered an asset
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint
· Knowledge of printing processes and print management
· Intermediate knowledge of web development platforms, HTML, CSS, etc.
· An understanding of responsive web design and mobile app design
· An understanding and some experience with software development lifecycles
· Strong brand development experience
· Experience familiarity with UX design or app design
· Experience working for a software company
· Strong ability to prioritize, manage competing demands and work in a fast-paced work environment
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively communicate verbally in one-on-one and group discussions and inwriting
· Strong organizational/project management skills, ability to multi-task between projects to deliver against tight deadlines
· Strong formatting skills
· Able to multi-task and be highly organized
· Knowledge and familiarity with a data-informed approach to design -- you’ve used tools and resources needed to measure the success of design decisions (A/B testing tools, Google Analytics, etc.)
· Knowledge of design principles: including color, layout, typography, and hierarchy
· AODA compliance experience a plus
The Cloudpermit team is comprised of highly motivated, positive, and technologically savvy team members. We enjoy working as a team to solve problems and thrive on collective and personal success. At Cloudpermit, you will be assigned engaging and challenging projects and will have opportunities to give input and direction. The Cloudpermit work environment is inclusive, challenging, and rewarding – you can expect to enjoy:
· Competitive salary and benefits package
· An innovative and welcoming team
· Transparent and nurturing management
· Tremendous opportunity to grow professionally
· Flexible work-life balance and an option to work remotely
To apply for this position, please send your resume and portfolio to Anna Rolnicki, Director of Marketing, North America, at email@example.com.